Bigbang Members | Let there be the kings of K-pop, and look: Bigbang. K-pop wouldn’t be like so phenomenal like now if Bigbang doesn’t exist. This group was formed in 2006 under the management of YG Entertainment. The members are G-Dragon, T.O.P, Taeyang, Daesung, and Seungri.
Their various music genres, stage performance, and fashion, are all influencing almost all K-pop artist after them. The group also has powerful fan bases all around the world. So far they have released more than 7 albums, and all are best-seller and making them one of the biggest boy group in the world.
Bigbang Member Summarize
Bigbang Member Names
|Bigbang Member Real Names||Bigbang Member Age||Bigbang Member Birthdays||Bigbang Member Height|
Kwon Ji Yong
|August 18, 1988||177cm|
|Choi Seung-hyun||32||November 4, 1987||181 cm|
Dong Yong Bae
|May 18, 1988||174cm|
|April 26, 1989||178cm|
Lee Seung Hyun
|29||December 12, 1990||177cm|
G-Dragon Bigbang Members Profile
G-Dragon Bigbang Background
G-Dragon was born and grew up in Seoul. He’s came from a small family, with a sister (Kwon Dami). His music career started early, at six. He was joined a group called Little Roora. This group only survived a year. It got disbanded a year later, after releasing a Christmas album.
At eight, a talent scout from YM entertainment spotted his talent while he was on holiday. He became an YM trainee for 5 years, specializing in dancing. Later he join YG Entertainment and became a trainee for 6 years before entering the world fame as the King of K-pop by becoming a member of Bigbang in 2006.
G-Dragon Bigbang Relationship Status
As now G-Dragon in his military duty, chance to have special relation with a girl is pretty slim. But it’s rumored that he had had several relationships with girls in the past, like with Kiko Mizuhara, Ahn So Hee, Nana Komatsu, Sulli, Sandara, Joeyon, and several else.
G-Dragon Bigbang Solo Activities
Before joining Bigbang, G-Dragon had already his solo career. And so during his fame with Bigbang, he got lots solo activities to attend to. His debut solo album launched in 2009, Heartbreaker, and become Album of the Year (2009 Mnet Asian Music Awards) with commercial success.
He launched his first EP, One of a Kind in 2017. This extended play album hit a record best-selling album, topped even the Heartbreaker album, making it Record of the Year in 2013 (and he got Seoul Music Awards). In the same year, he did a world tour as a solo artists.
In 2017 he launched another EP album, Kwon Ji Yong, which included the number one hit single (Untitled, 2014). Later he also conducted solo tour, the biggest ever did by a K-pop artist.
G-Dragon Bigbang Trivia
Here are some facts about G-Dragon in Bigbang members profile trivia:
- Apart from his flashy performance, G-Dragon actually is a shy and simple guy
- G-Dragon lucky number? It’s 8
- G-Dragon speaks English fluently, this makes him the main lyricist and producer for Bigbang
- He wrote so many songs that he got the most song royalties among K-pop idols
- G-Dragon black and red colors.
- He also loves Ganjang gaejang, Korean dishes made of crab dipped in soy sauce
- There often confusion about his height. Some sources said it’s 169cm, while the official sources said 177cm
- G-Dragon doing his duty in Military since February 27th, 2018, and will be released in October 26th, 2019
- G-Dragon’s ideal girl? He loves smart girls who skilled in cooking
T.O.P Bigbang Members Profile
T.O.P Bigbang Background
T.O.P was born and spent his early years in Seoul, South Korea. He’s the youngest of the family. He has older sister, Choi Hye Yoon. G-Dragon is his friend since childhood, they are neighbor. They often rap and dance together. Later they sent several demo to YG Entertainment and asked to do audition.
Initially he was rejected by the management, they thought his looks won’t fit as an ideal figure of a boy band member. Later on, some six month later, he came back and this time the management snatched him into Bigbang family.
T.O.P Bigbang Relationship Status
As of 2016, prior to his mandatory military duty, he’s rumored to have been dating Krystal (f(x)). On other occasion, he confess that he only dated 3 girls, including Shin Min-A, and other unnamed girl.
T.O.P Bigbang Solo Activities
Apart his activity in Bigbang, T.O.P also do some solo career in singing and acting. He got his first acting role in TV series I Am Sam. In 2009 he got another role in TV movie called Nineteen. His big screen debut started with 71: Into the Fire.
For the movie he also got his first award as Best New Actor (at the 2011 Baeksang Arts Awards and at 2010 Blue Dragon Film Awards). This led him into a lead actor for movies Commitment (2013) and Tazza: The Hidden Card (2014). In 2016 he was casted for film Out of Control, a film produced by Chinese-German companies.
T.O.P Bigbang Trivia
Here are some facts about T.O.P in Bigbang members profile trivia:
- T.O.P got his name, T.O.P. from his senior, the artist Se7en.
- T.O.P was so overweight that at first YG management reject him into Bigbang. This caused him did most intensive body training. And in only 40 days he lost 20kg of unwanted fat, led him received into Bigbang
- T.O.P is the most stubborn in Bigbang
- He loves pink color
- Give him sushi, and will love He loves tuna sushi, mainly tuna sushi
- If Bigbang members need to laugh and jokes, they’ll go to T.O.P. He’s the most hilarious
- As a little boy, he was a friend of Kim Yuna, the figure skater
- T.O.P. entered the mandatory military duties on February 9, 2017. And discharged on May 30th, 2019.
- T.O.P. likes fashionable girl with manner and brain
Taeyang Bigbang Members Profile
Taeyang Bigbang Background
Taeyang was born and spent his early life in Ujeongbu, Gyeonggi-do, South Korea. He’s the youngest of the family, with the older brother is the actor Dong Hyun-bae.
Before joining Bigbang with G-Dragon, they are trainees in YG for six years, since they were 12. Later, they even prepared to make a duo hip hop. But the management discharged the idea and include them to their new boy group, Bigbang.
Taeyang Bigbang Relationship Status
As a flamboyant member of Bigbang, it’s easy for Taeyang to find a special girl to fill his heart. Though so, he seems to date only few girls so far.
He once dated Yuri of Girls’ Generation. Later on, he was rumored to have been dating actress Jung Eung-ran (Min Hyo Rin). The most recent news are Taeyang married Min-Hyorin, a singer and also an actress.
Taeyang Bigbang Solo Activities
Taeyang made his first seolo debut in 2008, when he released an EP, Hot. And this album is real hot, because it went up as Best R&B & Soul Album at Korean Music Awards that year. His next EP were released in 2010, called Solar. It made record sale of 100.000 copies.
Rise, a studio album, were released in 2014. His most recent studio album, prior to his military duty, was White Night. It’s released in 2017.
Taeyang Bigbang Trivia
Here are some facts about Taeyang in Bigbang members profile trivia:
- The stage name Taeyang (or SOL for the Japanese fans) means sun
- Taeyang is a multitalented person, a part of his singing skills, he also can play piano. He speaks Japanese and English equally well
- Taeyang is a devout Catholic, and he likes to express it on his tattoos
- He made his first kiss in his single My Girl’s MV
- Taeyang entered the mandatory military duties on March 12, 2017. And discharged on November 11, 2019
- Taeyang likes Japanese food, especially Yakiniku
- Taeyang has no ideal image of a girl
Daesung Bigbang Members Profile
Daesung Bigbang Background
Daesung was born and grew up in Itaewon, South Korea. He was the youngest, with an older sister (Bora). He loves music since his early years. He joined Bigbang when he was still at Kyeongin High School.
His career in the group made him dropped out of the college. But he eventually passed the college and enter Kyung Hee University (2008), majoring in Post-modern Music.
Daesung Bigbang Relationship Status
Up till now Daesung’s still single. As his music career and acting’s getting bigger, he apparently has no time to make any romantic relationship with any girls.
Daesung Bigbang Solo Activities
Daesung first debut on singing is in 2008, with single Look at Me, Gwisoon. Later he released a solo album, D’scover, in Japan (2013) and followed by his first Japanese tour. In 2014 he released his next albums, D’slove and Delight. He made another solo tour to Japan in 2017, and perform in front of around 150.000 fans.
His acting career began when he was casted in variety show, Family Outing. Later on, he got role in other variety show Night After Night. Daesung also tried drama, like his acting in What’s Up and Musical, Cat.
Daesung Bigbang Trivia
Here are some facts about Daesung in Bigbang members profile trivia:
- Daesung accidentally rolled over body of a man who previously got accident, in 2011. This made him traumatized, he won’t out of his home (except for church) all the year on.
- Daesung is a big fan of Doraemon
- Don’t ask Daesung swim, he can’t swim
- But ask him for a good sushi restaurant, he’ll give you the best one. He loves sushi very much
- Daesung entered the mandatory military duties on March 13th, 2018. And discharged on November 12th, 2019
- Daesung sold his nose’ mold in Japan. And it sell great. The fans used the stuff as mold for jelly and rice balls.
- Daesung ideal girl? He loves smart and communicative girl. She should also simple but fashionable.
Seungri Bigbang Members Profile
Seungri Bigbang Background
Seungri was born in Gwangju, South Korea. He has a taste for dancing and singing since his early years. He got contract from YG in 2006, after the management saw his performance in the show Let’s Coke Play! Battle Shinhwa.
During this time he also studied in Chung-Ang University with friends like Sooyoung and Yuri of Girl’s Generation. Unfortunately he ended up dropped out of the university, because his career in Bigbang’s too demanding.
Seungri Bigbang Relationship Status
With all his activities in Bigbang and his solo activities, Seungri still have time to have romantic relationship. Recently he’s rumored to have special romantic relationship with a new comer, actress Yoo Hye Won.
Seungri Bigbang Solo Activities
Seungri has lots of solo activities like acting, managing a dance academy, choreographing, and even owning ramen bistro. He has acted in some famous dramas and movies, like Why Did You Come to My House, and movie called 19. He also acted in drama Angel’s Eyes in 2014.
As of his choreography feats, he did most of the Bigbang dances. He laso has a dance academy, called Seungri’s Academy, with students like WINNER’s Jinwoo, BTS’s J-HOPE, KARA’s Goo Hara, VIXX’s Hyuk, Lovelyz’s Mijoo, Laboum’s Soyeon, and and many more of K-pop stars. He also has project with Netflix in 2018, it’s called YG Future Strategy Office.
Seungri Bigbang Trivia
Here are some facts about Seungri in Bigbang members profile trivia:
- Seungri got his nickname Panda from the dark circles around his eyes that resembling to the one on panda’s eyes
- He also a lover of panda-themed accessories
- Just like T.O.P, Seungri also got kicked out from getting into Bigbang. But he fought back, competing agaisnt SO-1/Hyunsung of BEAST/B2ST for the fifth position in Bigbang, and won.
- About his fifth position, at first G-Dragon didn’t like it. He even ignored him for the first 3 months.
- When eating out at restaurant with friends, Seungri likes to pay the whole bills
- Seungri loves girl with sweet voice and nice aegyo