BTS Members | Bangtan Boys also known as Bulletproof Boy Scout or BTS is a boy band group from South Korean, is formed by Producer Bang Si-hyuk from Big Hit Entertainment. BTS debuted in 2013 with its single album ‘2 Cool 4 Skool‘ which is part of school trilogy, and it subsequent album also released a few months later.
As it gaining more popularity BTS become a top-ranked boy band group in Korea and also in the world, with its member such as RM (Rap Monster), Jin, Suga, J-Hope, V, Jungkook, and lastly Jimin they become the first korean musician to win Top Social Artis Award from Billboard music award.
BTS popularity in the music industry does not only come from their agency but because of their fan base which called themselves as A.R.M.Y (Adorable Representative M.C for Youth)
BTS Members Profile Summarize
|Jin||Kim Seok Jin||24||4 December 1992||179 cm|
|Suga||Min Yoon Gi||25||9 maret 1993||174 cm|
|Rap Monster||Kim Nam Joon||24||12 September 1994||181 cm|
|J-Hope||Jung Ho Seok||24||18 Febuary 1994||177 cm|
|Jimin||Park Ji Min||23||13 February 1995||173 cm|
|V||Kim Tae Hyung||22||30 December 1995||178 cm|
|Jeon Jung Kook||Jung Kook||21||1 September 1997||178 cm|
Now we will provide you with the BTS members profile starting from the oldest one to the youngest
- Name: Kim Jong-Kook
- Hangul: 김석진
- Stage Name: Jin
- Nickname: Jin princess, Pink Princess, Jin-Hime, Ctrl + V
- Birthdate: December 4, 1992
- Birthplace: Gwacheon, Gyeonggi-do, South Korea
- Age: 25 years old
- Position: Vocalist
- Height: 179 cm (5’10” 1/2)
- Blood Type: O
- Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
- Hobbies: Cooking, Playing video games, Taking selca, Eating.
Jin was born in Gyeonggi-do, South Korea on December 4, 1992 from a wealthy family. His family has 4 people consisting of father, mother, hyung, and him. He have a good realtionship with his family but as the youngest one in the family, he often fights with his hyung during his youth. Jin graduated from Konkuk University with art and dancing in the film department.
Jin’s Relationship Status
Jin is still single the same as many other idols do, but he also never dated before being an idol. The reason for this is because he attends all boy school during his youth. His ideal girl he seeks is someone who is good at cooking, nice, and have a puppy face.
Jin’s Solo Activities
Jin beside performing idol work in BTS also have some solo activities such as collaborated with his fellow members V for historical drama Hwarang The Poet Warrior Youth’s soundtrack titled “It’s Definitely You”. He also performs solo cover such as “Mom” by Ra.d, “I love you” by Mate, and “In Front Of The Post Office In Autumn” by Yoon Do hyun. He also made appearances in some music shows such as KBS Song Festival, M Countdown, and Music Bank. In 2018 it is confirmed that Jin also opened a restaurant with his hyung which called Ossu Seiromushi in Seongbuk-dong, Seongbuk-gu, Seoul .
Jin performed several collaborations with his fellow members in BTS including “Adult Child” with Suga, “Awake”, “So Far Away” With Suga and Jungkook, lastly, “Even If I Die, It’s You” with V.
Some trivia about Jin from BTS member profile you will love include:
- When Jin is getting mad, his ears will start to turn red
- His favorite weather is Spring sunlight
- Jin’s motto in life “Let’s live freely.“
- Jin has the closest relationship with V as his fellow member in BTS
- He’s bad at lying
- Jin became friends with Seungjun and Heejun (KNK) when he was still a trainee
- Jin’s favorite games are Super Mario and Maple Story
- He once made a seaweed soup for J-Hope, which made the later become speechless for it similar taste like his mom cooking
- He already made a plan for his own children name in future which is Yu-sun (유선) for girl and Yu-bi (유비) for the boy
- Jin’s likes to blow flying kisses to ARMY
- Jin also become part of an idol gaming crew named “We’re The Strongest Idols” with B.A.P.’s Youngjae as the leader, BTOB’s Eunkwang, VIXX’s Ken, and Wanna One’s Park Ji Hoon as the members
- Jin becomes MC for MAMA awards in 2017 alongside EXO’s Chanyeol and Red Velvet’s Irene.
- Name: Min Yoon Gi
- Hangul: 민윤기
- Stage Name: Suga
- Nickname: Min Suga, Min Yoonji, MinPD, lil meow
- Birthdate: March 9, 1993
- Birthplace: Daegu, South Korea
- Age: 25 years old
- Position: Lead Rapper
- Height: 175.2 cm (5’9”)
- Blood Type: O
- Zodiac Sign: Pisces
- Hobbies: Playing basketball, reading comics, playing games, taking selca.
Suga was known as Min Yoon-gi born in Daegu, South Korea on March 9, 1993. He is also the youngest son in the family and attended Taejeon elementary School. He first becomes entranced by rap after listening to “Reggae Muffin” by Stony Skunk. His decision to becomes a rapper also influenced by Epik High.
At the age of 13, Suga starts to write music lyrics and learning about MIDI. He also works part-time at a recording studio at 17. He was active in the music industry as an underground rapper with Gloss as his stage name.
Suga’s Relationship Status
Suga had a relationship when he is still in middle school, where he submitted a love letter to his fellow classmate which he has a crush on. Eventually, they started dating when Suga finally confessed his feeling for her. Unfortunately or should A.R.M.Y say fortunate, because the two didn’t have a long lasting relationship as they broke off.
Suga’s Solo Activities
Suga beside his work as an idol as BTS rapper, also perform many solo activities under initial DT. He released many free self-titled songs via SoundCloud.
Suga also composes a song titled “Wine” for Suran, whom also worked with him in solo collab on his mixtape. This song made top two in Gaon Digital Chart and won the best Soul/R&B track of the year at Melon Music Awards on December 2, 2017.
Because he re-releases his mixtape in streaming on February 2018. His solo initial named DT become one of the top 50 in the emerging artists in the listed chart on the march.
Some trivia about Suga from BTS member profile you will love to include:
- Suga had a Satoori accent when he speaking while nervous and when he cries
- Suga’s favorite color is white
- Suga once said he had legs as smooth as every member of Girl’s Generation.
- Suga has a good alcohol tolerance
- Suga’s favorite drink is Iced Americano.
- He depends on RM when he has a problem
- Suga motto in life is “Let’s live while having fun.”, “Doing music as your hobby and doing it as work is different.”
- Suga also support the LGBTQ+
- Suga nearly quit being in BTS because of depression and 3 years being a trainee
- When Suga starts to argue with someone, he always held the others hand to keep himself from punching someone and stop fighting.
- Suga’s stage name “Suga” comes from “Shooting Guard” since that is his position when playing basketball
- His ideal girlfriend is someone who shares the passion in the music.
- Name: Jung Ho Seok
- Hangul: 정호석
- Stage Name: J-Hope
- Nickname: Bangtan’s Hope, BTS’ mother, Golden Hyung, King Of Dance
- Birthdate: February 18, 1994
- Birthplace: Gwangju, South Korea
- Age: 23 years old
- Position: Main Dancer, Lead Rapper, Sub Vocalist
- Height: 177 cm (5’10”)
- Blood Type: A
- Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
- Hobbies: Listening to the music, window shopping
J-Hope comes from a middle family which supports his dream, he once was a part of the underground dance team called Neuron. Because of his activities in the underground dance team, J-Hope had earned some reputation before his debut in BTS. His talent in dance eventually led him to audition as an idol trainee
J-Hope’s Relationship Status
J-Hope is single. In one episode of Rookie king, J-hope said that he had a girlfriend in the past which dumped him for another man. These memories are painful for him, and the song “Solo” which he performed also would remind him of her. Although it is painful J-Hope said performing the song and reminiscing about the past also hate its nice part.
J-Hope’s Solo Activities
J-Hope debuted his solo mixtape release on March 1, 2018 title Hope World. The EP peaked at number 38 on the chart.
The success of his band BTS and J-Hope solo debut led him to rank third on the Emerging Artist Chart.
Some trivia about J-Hope from BTS member profile you will love to include:
- J-Hope’s family consisting Mom, dad, older sister with him as the youngest child.
- J-Hope’s motto in life is “If you don’t work hard there won’t be good results.”
- J-Hope’s idea of an ideal girl is someone who loves him, who is good at cooking and thinks a lot about him.
- J-Hope will consult with Suga and RM when having problems.
- He is the only member on BTS who doesn’t use an ear piercing.
- J-Hope solo song titled “Mama” is a song dedicated to his mom
- J-Hope has been a victim of cyberbullying in the past
- J-Hope reveal that he leftBTS during the group’s earlier stage days before deciding to come back again
- He likes to hanging around the maknaes although he is younger.
- J-Hope alongside Jin, Suga, and Jungkook could cook meals tasty enough
- He is known among the fans as BTS’ mother because he always scolds his fellow member like a mother and cleaning their room like a mother does
Rap Monster “RM” BTS
- Name: Kim Nam Joon
- Hangul: 김남준
- Stage Name: Rap Monster “RM”
- Nickname: Rapmon, Leader Mon, Dance Prodigy and God of Destruction
- Birthdate: September 12, 1994
- Birthplace: Ilsan, Seoul, South Korea
- Age: 24 years old
- Position: Main Rapper, Leader
- Height: 181 cm (5’11”)
- Blood Type: A
- Zodiac Sign: Virgo
- Hobbies: Browsing the internet, listening to music, reading, writing songs, walking in a park, and mountain climbing
RM or Kim Nam Joon was born in Ilsan-gu, Goyang, where he lived with his sister, Kim Geong Min. He was impressed by security uniforms that he wishes to be a security guard in the housing society. Kim Nam Joon also graduated from Global Cyber University and majored with high GPA in Broadcasting and Performing Art in which he becomes the top rankers in the national school exam.
RM also have good study prowess in which he has a very high score in TOEIC and IQ test with 148 points as the score. He learned his English language by watching sitcoms such as ‘Friends’ and many more that become popular during that time. He also attended a school in New Zealand for a period of time, which ended making him become more fluent in English.
RM family initially object strongly to his dream of began a career as the musician, which he desire strongly. However, fortunately, because of his determination to convince his parents, they finally give him approval.
RM Relationship Status
RM status is single for now, while he ever had a relationship in high school. Not much is known for his personal life about RM’s love life at this point.
RM Solo Activities
RM solo activities began on 2015 where he released a single titled “P.D.D (Please Don’t Die)” a collab with Warren G.
He also performed many collabs works with another artist such as EE, Dino J, and also MFBTY Group for the collaborated song titled “Bucku Bucku”.
RM first solo mixtape was released on March 17, 2015, in which the mixtape ranked 48th on the spin’s “50 Best Hip-Hop Albums of 2015”
He also provided a soundtrack for Marvel film “Fantastic Four”. In 2016 he becomes co-producer directing Homme’s single “dilemma” alongside Bang Si Hyuk.
It is announced that his second mixtape titled “Mono” will be released on October 23, 2018.
Some trivia about RM from BTS member profile you will love to include:
- RM wrote the lyrics ‘No More Dream’ based on his life experience in school where he had no dream at all
- He is known for often breaking things which fixed by Suga
- RM also support LGBGTQ+ community
- RM’s ideal type of a girlfriend is someone tall, feminine, smart, and also has a nice voice
- Currently, RM is the only member that didn’t have a driving license
- He owns a studio called “Mon Studio”
- Rap Monster changed his stage name to RM on 2017
- RM is the one who gave Jungkook a nickname ‘Golden Maknae’
- He never could blow a bubble gum until now
- RM attend New Zealand’s school and stayed there for 6 months
- RM’s favorite foods are meat and Korean knife noodles
- RM role model is Kanye West and A$AP Rocky
Jimin BTS Members
- Name: Park Ji-min
- Hangul: 박 지민
- Stage Name: Jimin
- Nickname: ChimChim, Jiminie, Christian Chim Chim, Mochi, Diminie, Ddan-ji, and Sexy Mochi.
- Birthdate: October 13, 1995
- Birthplace: Busan, South Korea
- Age: 24 years old
- Position: Main Dancer and Lead Vocalist
- Height: 175 cm (5’9”)
- Blood Type: A
- Zodiac Sign: Libra
- Hobbies: Getting beat up (Self Written), Drawing, Playing Video Game, Dance
Born in Busan, South Korea, Park Jimin is the oldest child in his family where he had one younger brother called Park Ji-Hyun. Jimin was a top student at Busan high School of Arts thanks to his talent with dancing.
After watching one of Rain’s performances, Jimin became entranced and have an interest in singing. Because of this, his dance teacher give him advice to participating in an audition in which he really does at Big Hit Entertainment.
After attending school in Seoul, Jimin attended a Korea Art School with V and graduated in 2014
Jimin’s Relationship Status
Jimin is still single, but he had one crush in the past which made him blush whenever she is standing near him. Fortunately, Jimin still singles until now and although there are some rumors about his dating life, nothing is proven true which is just some fake rumors. Some of the fake rumor including Jimin dated one of a member of Red Velvel, Kang Seul-Gi
Jimin’s Solo Activities
Jimin is one of the members in BTS who doesn’t have notable solo activities outside BTS, only two solo single which included in BTS album such as “Lie” (Wings), and “Serendipity”
Some trivia about Jimin from BTS member profile you will love include:
- Jimin was the last member to join BTS.
- Jimin, Wanna One’s Woojin, and Daniel once participated in a dancing competition in Busan
- Taeyang from Big Bang and Rain is two of Jimin role model.
- Jimin’s motto in life is “Let’s become cool or handsome“
- Jimin’s ideal type of girl is someone nice and cute who is shorter than him.
- Jimin likes sour things
- He is a perfectionist and is very self-critical
- Hulk is his favorite avenger hero
- Jimin is known as the most energetic person in the group
- He has a unique habit of dancing whenever the music is turned on
V BTS Members Profile
- Name: Kim Tae Hyung
- Hangul: 김태형
- Stage Name: V
- Nickname: Tae, Tae Tae, Gucci boy, Vante, CGV, Blank Tae.
- Birthdate:December 30, 1995
- Birthplace: Daegu, Seo District
- Age: 22 years old (23 Years in December)
- Position: Vocalist, Visual, Lead Dancer
- Height: 179cm (5’10”)
- Blood Type: AB
- Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
- Hobbies: Playing saxophone, take pictures, art, play a video game, singing, hanging out, eating, watching movies
V or better known as Kim Tae Hyung during childhood was born on December 30, 1995, in Daegu. Tae Hyung’s family is consisting of his parents, one younger sister, one younger brother and him. He began learning to play saxophone in 12th grade which he continued for 3 years. His family especially Tae Hyung’s father support his dream, which make him start learning saxophone. He debuted his idol career while in Korean Arts High School in Seoul with Park Ji-min which also his fellow member in BTS. He graduated on 2014
V’s Solo Activities
Tae Hyung or V began his acting debut as a supporting role in historical drama Hwarang: The Poet Warrior Youth using his real name. He also performed a collaboration with his fellow members in BTS Jin for its soundtrack titled “It’s Definitely You”
Some trivia about V from BTS member profile you will love include:
- V best friend is Park Bo Gum and has a close relationship with Kim Min Jae
- V likes to watch anime during his free time
- V’s game of choice is Overwatch
- Tae Hyung favorite singer is John Legend
- V could speak two fluent language one being Korean as his native language and Japanese as his second. He also has basic English skill
- V’s role model is his own father
- His brand of choice for clothes is Gucci
- V’s motto in life is “Live life cooly as much as you can”
- V is the one who came up with the famous phrase “I Purple You”
Jungkook BTS Members Profile
- Name: Jeon Jeong-Guk
- Hangul: 전정국
- Stage Name: Jungkook
- Nickname: Jungkookie, Kookie, JK, Nochu, Seagull, Golden Maknae, Bunny, Justin Seagull, The one in the middle, Muscle Pig, Jungshook, Kook
- Birthdate: September 1, 1997
- Birthplace: Busan, South Korea
- Age: 21 years old
- Position: Main Vocalist, Lead Dancer, Sub-Rapper.
- Height: 178 cm (5’10)
- Blood Type: A
- Zodiac Sign: Virgo
- Hobbies: Playing video games, draw, exercise, dance, playing guitar, read webtoons
Jungkook born in Busan, South Korea on September 1, 1997. He live with his parents and older brother. Jungkook once tried auditioning in an audition called Superstar K to pursue his dream becoming a singer but eliminated before the final round. After the audition, several big agencies scouted him such as JYP, Cube, Starship, FNC, Woolim, and Big Hit Entertainment. He decided to choose Big Hit Entertainment after hearing one of his future fellows RM, rapping.
Jungkook is a shy person which made him almost fail in his debut with BTS. Bang Sihyuk as BTS producer also mentioned that Jungkook started to cry when he ask him to sing.
Jungkook’s Relationship Status
As the youngest member of the group, Jungkook is single right now, although before his debut he is rumored to have a couple of girlfriends. One of them is Park Se Won. Although the truth never came to light.
Jungkook’s Solo Activities
Jungkook began his solo debut in September 2015 where he participated in “One Dream, One Korea” campaign and its song, a collab song between multiple Korean artists in honor of the Korean War.
Jungkook also has been releasing various cover from western artist such as JB, Adam Levine, Tori Kelly.
Some trivia about Jungkook from BTS member profile you will love include:
- Youngest member to join BTS.
- Jungkook favorite singers are IU, Justin Bieber, Troye Sivan, G Dragon, and Charlie Puth
- He had a crush on IU
- He was a black belt in Taekwondo
- Jungkook have friendly relationship with GOT7’s Bambam & Yugyeom, Seventeen’s DK, Mingyu & The8, and NCT’s Jaehyun
- Jungkook and V likes to play Overwatch
- His role model is his fellow member which is RM
- Jungkook ideal type of girl is IU
BTS Members Video Fake Love